Wednesday, August 24, 2011

G-o-o-d!

Oh, how abundant is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you…” Ps 31:19

Have you considered the ways God shows his goodness to you…personally?
 It can be SO easy to jump on the complaining wagon and ride its bumpy path into cynicism and discouragement.
Instead, join with me & contemplate how good is our God!

We begin at the Cross.
Christ. Forgiveness. Redemption. Relationship. Eternal Life. Hope.

Moving into the mundane.
Life. Sunshine. Family.
Blueberries.
Routine.
A friend who emails with a word of encouragement
A husband who goes off to work, with a goodbye kiss and a faithful heart.
A daughter away who texts her hello
The truth in His Word, rich, deep and personal

Seeing it even in the hardships.
Car troubles that make me love ‘my stuff’ less.
Restlessness that points me to the only One who can give true rest.
Heartache that reminds me this world is NOT where our true hope lies.

Transforming even the ‘bitter’ into ‘blessing’
An unknown future means God will grow my faith
A scary financial scenario means God will prove His promises
A disappointing outcome means God has something better than my desire.

Oh how your goodness is manifested in my life, God, in my awareness and desire for You, in your work of showing me my sin, in your Holy Spirit’s tenderness as He moves within me with joy at your presence and power.
And all so undeserved, yet your goodness flows unrestrained from your grace and love.

Thank you, Jesus.
Accept my heartfelt, humble, feeble words of gratitude and praise.
How abundant is your goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I appreciate your input.